Monday 25 April 2016

Mixed Media cards with Rebecca Baer-April inspiration post


Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my inspirational post made for Rebecca Baer blog and using her gorgeous stencils.
 This post is all about cards.
Mixed media card are very trendy those days and with Rebecca's  stencil it's very easy to make a whole lot of cards for any occasion.
 My first card is very easy to make and all you need is one great RB stencil , one good big stamp sentiment and some shiny paint.

This first card was made with RB Jamboree medium stencil using gel medium as a medium under the stencil. First I stamped the sentiment with pigmented ink and heat embossed it with black embossing powder. I used My Favorite Things sentiment set as those sentiments are big and visible.Then I added the texture with stencil and gel medium and as this stencil has an oval gap in the middle , I just added medium around the gap and not inside it. I added mists from Tattered Angels (three colors, not more, unless you want to get a brown mess) and also dried each mist layer between the misting to avoid the mess. The stamped and stencilled panel was arranged over another layer and then arranged into Kraft base card. The natural twine was glued with the same gel medium to stay on its place as shown.





The second card is pretty much alike, but made with different mediums.I used  Harlequin Damask  stencil with texture paste and then painted it with Earth Safe Finishes Iridescent paint and wiped the paint from the stencilled parts to get this mute and light color over the paste.
Then I stamped another bold and big sentiment over the card with the same heat embossing and added a couple of heat embossed die cuts and more twine.





The last card is a bit different and made with more layers, but still with the stencil as a main part of it. The stencil used is Enchanted Vine one- small stencil that fits the small card panel  in the best possible way.
On this stencilled piece I used two colors mist and as you can see the  teal colored the pasted part of stencil and the copper stayed over the debossed part on the paper. The result is amazing!












No comments:

Popular Posts