Sunday 19 July 2015

ARTplorations Tropical tag

 Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my new Mixed Media tag post made for ARTplorations blog.
This time I decided to combine two different stencils over one single tag and to make the textured background using different mediums.
The first layer was made with  Botanical Lush stencil and Faber Castell DMC gelatos. I just grabbed a few of myGelatos and added them " as is" over the stencil.
The second layer was made with  Faber Castell DMC Gel Medium and Bubbles stencil and after it was dry (quite a lot of waiting time) the bubbles became clear and I just added green mist all over the background and wiped the clear bubbles to get this almost white look.
As the main focal point I added Die Versions palm trees  die cut  (this is just a  part of the bigger die with a small  house on it, but I just used a part of the die cut on the tag). The die cut was covered with a mix of glitters and I added a small metal bird charm over the tag too. Some ribbon was glued on the bottom of my tag and some was tied on the top.


I hope you like my Mixed Media tag and will try the stencil over stencil technique using you favorite painting mediums and clear mediums.
 I enter this tag to Faber Castell DMC monthly challenge for Green.

1 comment:

Suchi said...

Pretty mixed media tag Irit!! :)
Suchi xx

Popular Posts