Wednesday 12 December 2012

Faux brick wall tutorial

Hello, my dear stamping friends! Today I am going to show you a my new tutorial  : handmade simple backgrounds you can do in no time and with minimum crafts supplies. I made them all ATC size, but as you understand, it can be done for cards and even for scrapbooking pages. Same technique, just bigger.


The first one is a faux brick wall made with simple office stickers , clear ink and some embossing powder.



1. Pick your ATC base. Cut some large printable office stickers to small" brick size" pieces and adhere them as a brick wall over your ATC. Those stickers are non permanent and that's what we are looking here.


Ink your stickers with Clear embossing ink and heat emboss with any colored embossing powder. Let it dry.


2. Peel all stickers and here is your lovely handmade brick wall.






If you want to color your bricks- mist them a bit over the cardstock and let it dry.







3. Add some stamping,collage some embellishment and your ATC is done.

I used Paris Inspired by Stamping set and it's hard to stamp over this background I just made some stamped highlights and then added the stamped clock with glue over my art piece.Also as the color was too mute, I added some blue mists all around to get this blue look of this ATC.



No comments:

Popular Posts