Wednesday 16 May 2012

Resist technique tutorial

Today I made a tutorial for Inspired by Stamping and I am going to show you the simple and fun way to make a fancy tag in no time.
Here is the supply list for this tag:
Stamps: IBS Doilies
Inks: Clearsnap Frost White, Truffle Dona Salazar Mixed Media ink
Embossing powder: White
Paints: Tim Holtz Distress stains
Ranger white tag, ribbon, lace, Handmade Halo glass pebble and brass key charm
Step 1: Gather you supplies (the embellishment are not on this photo)

Ink some of your Doilies with Frost White ink and stamp them randomly over the tag. I used to ink with Clear embossing ink and white embossing powder, but I found that white ink +white powder on white cardstock give us the better effect.
As you can see I made my stamping random, and some of stamps are stamped just partly on the edges. Heat emboss it with white embossing powder and let it dry a bit. Just a couple of minutes is enough.

Step 2:Cover the  embossed tag with a mix of distress stains using some make up foam or a real paint applicator. I used 3 different colors of stains, also you can see just 2 on the photo.
Now wipe it with a baby wipe and  your white doilies will be seen clearly over the painted tag.
Step 3: Make a central stamped doily over some Kraft cardstock.
After stamping with white ink  and white powder heat embossing, punch a circle using your circle punch  as I did here or use your circle die  or any other cutting device.
Now add the Kraft circle over some fancy lace with 3d foam glue and add a glass pebble on the middle. You can also use any other round embellishment as your center: brad, button, epoxy  etc.
Make a huge bow  and add some small brass charm over it.
Here is my finished tag


1 comment:

Traci S. said...

Hi. This is a beautiful tag. I really love the technique and will surely give it a try. One question, instead of buying Distress Stains, can I use some of the Tim Holtz Distress Inks instead? Thank you for letting me know.

BTW, I found your blog from Joanna's blog.

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

tracistarkweather@gmail.com

Popular Posts